Thursday, September 25, 2008


randomness...feed your mind and your blog


9/21 Let's talk books this week.

1. Name a few of your favorite books.

The Stand by Stephen King, Lightening by Dean Koontz, Doctors by Erich Segal, Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe by Fannie Flagg, Harry Potter by JK Rowling

2. Is there an author that you don't like, yet so many people seem to love?

Several. It's not that I don't like the authors though, I just couldn't get into their style of writing.

3. Name a book to film adaptation that you really like.

Stand By Me, Shawshank Redemption (ok that's two, hey, how about three, I liked White Oleander too even though they cut out a lot)

Name one you think was done poorly.

I know there are a few but I can't think of any right now.

4. Where do you buy your books?

Usually online (amazon)

5. What genre do you read the most?

Supernatural, mystery/thrillers

6. What genre do you dislike?

Horror. Used to love it, but I can't deal with the imagery anymore. I make exceptions for Stephen King and Dean Koontz (and sometimes Patricia Cornwell)

7. Is there a book that has changed your life?

Not that I can think of. There are 2 that I can read over and over and while I can imagine the events in one them happening, (as incredible as that would be), I don't think of that as life changing.

8. Have you ever met an author? What author would you like to meet?

Almost met Lewis Black and Chuck Panozzo (different occasions) but the lines were too long. I would love to meet Stephen King, Dean Koontz, and Faye Kellerman.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just joined today too.
Steven King is one of my favorites.

3:09 PM  
Blogger The Bookworm said...

Stephen King and Dean Koontz are two of my favorite authors.
http://randomeme4u.blogspot.com/

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home